menu bar

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

"FREE, FREE, PALESTINE!" Macklemore

 



     First and foremost, this is absolute beautiful to observe today. I didn't expect to be in a microphone; there are thousands of people here who are more qualified to speak on this issue of a free Palestine than myself. But I will say this:

     They told me to be quiet. They told me to do my research. To go back. "It's too complex."
But I have to say something. I can't be silent in this moment. 

     In the last three weeks, I've gone back and did some research. I'm teachable. I don't know enough. But I know enough that this is Genocide. We are scared. We watching it unfold. We have been taught to be complicity, to protect our careers. to protect our interest but I am not gonna do it anymore. I'm not afraid to speak the truth.

     You know, my daughter, my daughter said to me this morning- she's 8 years old- she said
"Dad, when we protested today, when we marched today, how are the people in Palestine gonna know? Look at this!

     The world is watching what we do right now in this moment of injustice. There's no "sign" in humanity. We lead with our hearts. We speak the truth. We shut down the propaganda and we march forward:

   FREE, FREE PALESTINE. 
   FREE, FREE PALESTINE. 

Macklemore | Musician| rapper