menu bar

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Are You HAMAS?

 


I'm Hamas

and I wake and sleep fueled by this rage inside.
The unrelenting memories of my childhood: the fear of the soldiers and their cruelty. The humiliations I witnessed to family and friends. 

The sadness when I understood that the strongest man I knew, my hero, my father, couldn't protect me, couldn't protect my mother,  couldn't protect my sister.

I'm Hamas.

and I wake and sleep fueled by this rage inside.
The unrelenting memories of my childhood: the emptiness inside watching entire families killed in a single day.

I'm Hamas.

and I wake and sleep fueled by this rage inside.
The unrelenting memories of my childhood: the shame I felt running away when the settlers came and began beating my neighbors. Stealing their houses. My mother holding my hand tight and pulling me along to safety.

I'm Hamas.

and I wake and sleep fueled by this rage inside.
The unrelenting childhood memories: the moment I realized I wasn't safe anywhere. 

I'm Hamas.

and I wake and sleep fueled by this rage inside.
I'm a child no more. 
The unrelenting memories of my childhood: made me who I am. 

I know I have a choice: 
live and die at the hands of my oppressors;

Exercise the lessons they taught me: brutality, sadism, unrelenting terror and fight back.

The question is not, and will never be, do you condemn Hamas? The question is: 

ARE YOU HAMAS?

How many years would you take the blows, the humiliations, the injustices, the killings of children, of entire families?

I'm Hamas.

and I wake and sleep fueled by this rage inside.

The unrelenting memories of my childhood and the lessons I learned from the people God chose to be my neighbors.

What would you do in my shoes? 

I'm Hamas

ARE YOU HAMAS