menu bar

Thursday, January 11, 2024

DABKE - a dance for all of life seasons

Amazing people, amazing culture. A dance you do in celebration and in pain.

I started dancing before finding this video, IN ACCEPTANCE of my smallness, my irrelevance, my inability to prevent The Terrorist State of Israel from killing Palestinians.

6PM was the time my grandmother placed a cup of water in front of the radio. Julio Louzada would say the prayer O PAI NOSSO ( OUR FATHER'S PRAYER) We would listen and drink the water afterward. The entire country stopped to do this.

I'm an atheist. But still recite the prayer daily. I never touch alcohol or drugs. So I need something. 

Now. I drive to the top of a building. At 6pm SHARP or wherever I am. 

BLAST viva palestina on the radio. AND DANCE.

I did for me. I am happy I'm not betraying the caused of a free Palestina. I'm glad I'm not being insensitive to their plight.

I am in awe of the PALESTINIANS. Thank you, Israel. Forever grateful.

           Try DRABKE.

The little girl dances. And SINGS along.


viva palestina 

The 🌎 for palestina