menu bar

Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Emptiness in Your Life...

The Brazilian writer Fernando Sabino wrote a beautiful allegory in the form of a short story, of a group of passionate protesters who have taken to the streets and block after block more and more people joined the protest. **spoiler alert** at the end we come to find out that most people ranting had no idea what they were protesting, they'd just joined the fray.*** This is the same curse that plagues Dr. Jordan Peterson, although I have to  admit that it is of his own making. I will explain. 

A long time ago, one of my children came to me and told me of how homophobe Dr. Peterson was; and because my daughter is very smart, I asked her how many of his lectures she had watched and if she had watched the original un-edited video that is often used to accuse him of hating the gays and transgender community. She had not. That is where intelligence and common sense enters, also, my youngest daughter does not like to be wrong and so she took to youtube and that was when she EXITED THE PROTEST.

I tell all my liberal friends in Los Angeles that I agree Dr. Peterson could use a few lessons in diplomacy but hateful he is not.

I toyed with the idea of becoming a psychiatrist for a few months in college until I understood that I was just trying to save my mother so I too exited the protest but I do dislike, distrust every psychiatrist to this day. They are like police officers, only good when you need them but in the event you meet a malignant one you're in serious trouble.

The other serious issue I would have in trying to help anyone would be to see them making the same mistake again and again unable to fix it. PAUSE. DEEP BREATH. I was considering if I knew anyone with these traits and thank God I do not. 

Here Dr. Peterson gives you all you need to avoid therapy, psychiatrists and their drug prescription pads, ELECTRIC SHOCK TREATMENTS, and also the police. All in one short video.

 This information is also buried in countless novels but consider this your cheating sheet.



 *** Brazilian literature and songwriters are the reason I would chose to be born in Brazil every time, if there was ever an option. Like being Italian to be able to read Dante in the original language.